‘All on Four implants’ is a technique in the placement of dental implants (by Nobel Biocare) to restore a full upper or lower arch of teeth, with the use of just four dental implants. This method of dental implants placement enables the patient to have the full use of the teeth restorations (and the implants themselves) in the shortest possible time – with smiles that can be enjoyed after just one dental appointment, as compared to the traditional dental implants placement that involves a healing period which takes a few weeks to several months.
The four dental implants used in the All on Four implants treatment are positioned in the mouth to fully maximise the existing jaw bone structure, eliminating the need for more complicated (and more expensive) procedures, such as a bone graft.
Advantages of All on Four Implants
Aesthetic and functional improvements can be enjoyed with the All on Four dental implants technique. The patient can come to the doctor’s office in the morning to have the implants placed, and can expect the teeth restorations to be attached within the same day – making it possible for a brand new smile to be enjoyed before the day ends. There is no need to wait for the implants to be fully healed – a stage which can take up to several months – before the prosthetic teeth can be attached.
The All on Four implants treatment is minimally invasive, and will not require complicated procedures such as a bone graft. This results in less discomfort, as well as less downtime, for the patient.
As there is no need for complex bone grafting procedures, and with fewer visits to the dentist, the All on Four dental implants technique is more cost effective compared to the placement of dental implants done the traditional way.
Teeth in a Day/Immediate Implants/All on Four is suitable for patients who:
- Are faced with a failing dentition, due to gum disease or failing bridgework, whose only
other option is to wear dentures
- Are unable to have gaps in their smile during implant treatment
- Currently wear upper and/or lower dentures
- Are unable to tolerate dentures
- Suffer from low self-confidence because of movement of dentures whilst talking or
- Feel limited with foods they can easily chew
- May otherwise require bone augmentation; Teeth in a Day/All on Four techniques can usually eliminate the need for this